Well the month certainly has gotten ahead of me. I wish had had more time to blog, but it was nearly impossible. With all of the festivities of the holiday season, and pulling 13hr days in the salon at least 3 days a week, it left little time to sit and just be. So heres a little recap!
Earlier in the month we had a crazy storm come through. Twice in one day we were hit with hale that left the ground covered in white. Its the closest thing to snow we are ever going to get. Here is the only picture I took of the aftermath.

The 20th my mom and I went to Marina to visit my sister. We spent the day at a cute little shopping center in Carmel. We had a nice lunch a did a little shopping. When we went back to her apartment her niece Jane was there and Maddox fell in love. She is just a few months older than Maddox so they spent time running around and playing games, coloring, and we even caught them kissing! What a fun day!


Did I mention my 13 hour days in the salon? Nothing says "here's the holidays" like some crazy nail art!



Christmas Eve was amazing. Its tradition for Mike and I to drive down Christmas Tree Lane. We decided to also go through a neighborhood across the street from my parents house. I must say, it took us an hour and a half to go through Christmas Tree Lane. Thats WAY too long to see the same lights you see year after year (but its tradition right!?). The houses in Clovis were amazing. We really did have a great time!

Christmas Day was also amazing. My inlaws came over and opened presents and had Christmas Lunch. There was altogether WAY too much food! Maddox of course was spoiled rotten! All of his gifts had something to do with "Cars" or "Pooh". He didnt really understand the concept of opening presents, but as soon as I opened one for him he was glued to the gift! He had so much fun!




To end the year just right we made a trip to Santaquin, Utah for the Nicolls Reunion. We left Christmas night, and 14 hours later, here we are. The last couple of days have been filled with nothing but laughter and WAY WAY WAY too much food. Lets put it this way, this man alone (my cousin Thomas)

made 2 home made pies, ooey gooey toffee brownies and a 4 course Thai dinner for 20+ people. And that was for day 1!!! Other meals he has made has included home made (not bisquick!) chocolate chip pancakes with nutty butter syrul, homemade lasagna and salad, and now he's working on homemade cinnamon rolls. This man is out of control!

We took Maddox in the snow for his first time. He did NOT enjoy it. I think it might have lasted a minute and a half.


Mike and I even got to go to Temple Square to see the lights! We really enjoyed being on such sacred grounds. The lights were GORGEOUS!


Of course our favorite part was hanging out with this cute kid.

Maddox LOVED Auggie! He's gotta be one of the cutest little babies Ive ever seen! SUCH a doll!


Well, I hope your holiday season was as wonderful as ours was! I cant wait to start the new year!
4 comments:
I'm so jealous! I wish I could have come to Utah!
I love the Christmas lights nails! Sounds like you had a fun and busy Christmas!
So, I was looking at all the nails thinking, hmmm maybe I should start getting mine done again or just for my bros wedding. Oh and that we need to do lunch!!!!
Wow, Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Too bad we couldnt have seen you guys when you came to utah. Thats crazy about the little "snow" fall there. I remember when I was like 4 in fresno it doing the same thing. Now I live in the mountains where I get snowed into my property. We'd prefer being in a warmer climate like you guys. Your little boy is so dang cute. Sounds like you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment