We are all moved in to our new place and we LOVE it!!!! It is SOOO nice to have our own space. Since Maddy's birthday is in a few short weeks we decided to buy him a "big boy bed". It had cars on it an everything so I thought for sure he would love it. He has been sleeping with us since he was born, and needless to say it was getting old. Mike and I promised ourselves once we moved, it was over. The first night Maddy struggled, which I expected being in a new place, and a new bed. Halfway through the night he insisted I sleep next to him ON THE FLOOR! Not fun, but at least we were breaking the habit of him sleeping in our bed. The next night he slept on the floor with me. Now he wont sleep in his bed at all. HOWEVER... he sleeps throught the night on the couch. So for now, thats where he stays. Im to the point where as long as he is asleep, and its not in my bed, he can sleep wherever he wants. In his bed, on the couch, in the bathtub... i dont care! So needless to say, ive considered it a success that he officially doesnt sleep in our bed! Whoo hoo! Here are a few pictures of Mike setting up the bed... maybe one day Maddy will actually use it, for longer than an hour.

(yes, Maddy still uses a bottle... thats our next project)
1 comment:
The bigger the bed, the better they sleep. That is my motto with Roxie. She sleeps ok in her twin, great in the queen , and like a rock in the king!! Just get him a king bed and he should be fine!!! Good luck, non-sleeping kids are the worst... I don't think I've slept through the night in 4 years!
Post a Comment