NOT!
In my last post I shared how wonderful my week had been. Friday we were expected to take family pictures by a wonderful photographer (go to michelletandyphotography.blogspot.com) and I was MORE than excited! Our appointment was set for 530 that evening. She called around 330 and said that it was awfully windy outside and it looked like rain might be coming in, so could we postponed? I have to admit that I was a little disappointed, but the thought of postponing had run through my mind due to weather as well, so we agreed to reschedule for the next day. Saturday we woke up, and while I was doing the dishes I hear a loud "BOOM" coming from the hallway, followed by Mike yelling "oh my gosh!" . I ran to see what the commotion was about. Mike had Maddox over his shoulder and Maddox was screaming. As Mike explained that Maddox had put on a pair of my flip flops and tripped over his feet, running right into the corner of the wall. I kinda got on Mike a little bit and told him that if he had just pretended like it was a funny trick Maddox had done instead of yelling then Maddox wouldnt be so upset. By this time I had taken Maddox and put him over my shoulder. The next thing I know Mike it turning white and said, "Ash look at his head".
This is what I saw...
I kinda freaked out. Told Mike to grab me some clothes and we were off to the hospital to the ER. One side of the bump was black within minutes and there was a split in the swelling. I thought for sure he would need stitches. By the time we got to the hospital and stood in line to sign him in, the swelling had gone down quite a bit, and he had calmed down completely. We decided not to even sit in the ER and just watch him for the rest of the day. The swelling went down quite a bit, but needless to say, we had to cancel our appointment for family pictures. I was so disappointed but Im glad my little baby is ok... WHAT A WEEK!
No comments:
Post a Comment