October 31, 2009

Its Been A While

I realized today that it's been a while since my last post. I have been SO extremely busy with Relief Society that there really isnt too much to report as far as fun and exciting things we have done, but none the less, here are a few things I have captured on film over the last month.

Maddy has finally fallen in love with books. He's 2 1/2 now but he would never sit and even look at books. FINALLY he has some interest! (and yes, he's still in a diaper, we are working on the whole potty training thing. So far, not so good)Maddox attended his first official birthday party last week. Maycee Givens had her 1st birthday with an Alice in Wonderland theme. The kids were all suppose to dress up. Would Maddox? Of course not! I put him in some Halloween colors and pretty much called it good. Maddox doesnt enjoy Halloween at all. We even bought him a cute costume but threw a fit with I had him try it on. We returned the costume the next day. Needless to say we wont be doing much this evening. My kid doesnt do Halloween. That afternoon my father in law wanted to take Maddox fishing. Rae had bought Maddox a fishing pole for his first Christmas, and Maddox is finally big enough to use it! Usually they go "fishing" in the swimming pool. Rae gets the pole all ready and Maddox stands on the side of the pool holding the pole. He loves it. Rae had remembered there is an old fishing pole out near Pine Flat lake so off we went for some REAL fishing! To be honest I had no intention or desire to go. Of course I got talked into it "just to go along for the ride" I was told. I unded up fishing myself and had an AMAZING time!

To top the night off we went to our ward Halloween Party. I made Maddox put on some mouse ears and dressed him in black sweats and off we went. He became obsessed with the cake walk. I dont think he really understood the concept of winning someone if you stood on the right number. He just wanted to walk round and round with the other kids jumping from pumpkin to pumpkin. Whatever makes him happy!Towards the end they had a parade for all of the kids to show off thier costumes. Maddox stood in line with everyone else, and halfway through grabbed the little girls hand who walked in front of him. She was a little taken back, but held his hand anyways. He was as happy as can be. He's going to be quite the ladies man in a few years! He kept his mouse ears on for a total of 10 minutes.


Oh well. Like I said, my kid doesnt do Halloween.

1 comment:

The Hanks Family said...

lol.... dallin didn't dress up either or go near anyone that had on a costume that he couldn't tell who you were, but he loved the whole knock on a door and get candy thing.