January 20, 2010

Every Wonder Why

I know we all have our challenges. We each have trials and things happen throughout our life that can slow us down, or completely stop us in our tracks. Do you ever wonder why YOU go through THAT trial? I feel sometimes like there are definently certain trials that have come up through my life over and over and over again. And just when I think I have overcome the trial, and I can finally catch my breath, or clear my head, here it comes again. As silly as this sounds do you ever wish you could pick your trials? I find myself thinking every once in a while "oh no, not again. What am I suppose to learn this time around?" I guess I cant complain too much. Ive never lost a sibling or child or parent. Ive never been in a major auto accident. Ive never been diagnosed with an illness that couldnt be overcome one way or another. Im not divorced, or going through one. I have a roof over my head and food in the cupcoards. I guess for now I should count my blessings, and pray for strength to overcome all things. I know someday I will know why it was meant for me to be tried and tested in the ways I am, sometimes I just wish that day was today!

3 comments:

THE TAYLORS said...

I have thought the same thing... but I have never wished I could pick my own trials... cause I wouldn't even know where to begin! I hope you have a great day Ashley and I think you are wonderful!
Meredith

lindsay lark said...

Oh girly, my thoughts exactly. I'm with Meredith though, not sure I'd want to pick any of them. Love you lots!

Cyndi W said...

I think all of us should count our blessing, no matter what stage of life we are in. I hope you are feeling better soon.