July 11, 2010

4th of July

We had TONS of fun over the 4th of July weekend. Saturday morning was spent at the ward pancake breakfast, followed by the boys playing video games and I went yard saling with my mother in law. By the afternoon I had a migrain so for pretty much the rest of the day while the boys swam and swam and swam and swam and swam. Sunday after church we went to my parents home for a BBQ and then walked to Alta Sierra and watched the Buchanan fireworks. We love walking over to ASI a few hours before the fireworks actually start. There is plenty of shade, and Maddy loves playing with the other kids while the adults sit around playing card games (Monopoly is the new fave) and drink sodie pops.
Most kids hate fireworks, or at least the sound of them. Maddox on the other hand is a different kid. He talked about fireworks from the moment he saw the stands go up. Every time we drove by a stand he would yell "fireworks!" He was so excited. While most kids are crying, this is the highlight of Maddy's year. I have to admit, I had a hard time watching the firework show. I was too busy watching Maddy get excited and talk about how each one was his favorite. Here are a few expressions I caught.

No comments: