September 29, 2010

Up

I remember when I was little, my dad waking us kids up and loading us into the car. We would call the other cousins in town and together we would race around town trying to chase down hot air balloons. Every year, our little town would launch hot air balloons fromthe rodeo grounds. Where the balloons would land, no one knows. Usually we would agree on chasing the most unique balloon. Usually shaped in the Classic Coke bottle shape. As we got older the tradition seemed to fade. As teenagers and even young adults, sleep seemed all too important to chase after silly balloons. However, the time has come that I now have my own child(ren). And so, the tradition begins again. Mike and I didnt wake up early enough to watch the balloons launch from the fair grounds. But as we drove on the freeway we could see the balloons far off in the distance, and so the chase began. Maddox was just happy to see the balloons. Chasing after the most unique wasnt neccessary. We were going on an adventure, and thats all that mattered. After watching a few land in nearby fields from one another, we were able to get up close and personal. Mike and I are excited to continue this tradition with Maddox, and baby girl.

No comments: