During our lunch date Mike informed me that the boys are throwing a little get together for our future brother in law tomorrow night. For those of you who haven't heard, my sister is getting married Saturday morning. She has been engaged since last fall, the wedding was set for August 16th after Austin (my sister's fiance) gets back from his military training, but plans have changed. Last Sunday (as in 4 days ago) my sister informed me that they had decided to get married THIS Saturday, before Austin leaves. That gave us 6 days to get everything together. After hearing that the boys were all getting together, it's only natural that the girls get together. Since I am the big sis, I guess it was my job to get a little something thrown together. So this afternoon I frantically called around to restaurants trying to find some sort of banquet room to hold a little girls night out/bridal shower/bachelorette party. Oh, ya. Plus I had to call all the family, friends, etc and invite them to tomorrow night, which was nearly impossible since it is Valentine's day and everyone is out with thier lovers, and get a head count for the restaraunt. Fortunately, it didnt take me all night to get this together. Most of it has been planned, I will finish the rest tomorrow afternoon I suppose.
We had a nice night together with the family. We had a little BBQ and hung out. My husband came home a little after everyone had arrived and when he walked through the door he said, "why is the black car outside running? and why are the keys locked inside?" Ya... you heard that right. I guess my sister had locked her keys in her car with it running! It had been in the driveway for over two hours! I guess her mind is so crazy right now trying to get ready for her wedding Saturday that she completely forgot to turn off the car! So over an hour later, after trying to break into the car to turn it off, Austin (her fiance) FINALLY got in! Ohman.... what a day!
Although it has seroiusly been one of the most insane days I have had in a LONG time.... it is still Valentine's Day. It's such a special day to really tell someone how much you love and appreciate them. I am SO grateful for my men. I love Mike and Maddox more than anything. They are both such a light to me. I love them so much. They mean the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment