February 3, 2008

No Doubt About It

I FINISHED A BOOK!!!

I have needed some sort of pick-me-up and was struggling on what to do. Go to the gym? Nah... Take an institute class? Too much effort to make it to class.... and the list goes on. I decided that if I read one book a month, that would be AMAZING. Considering I DONT READ, I thought it would be a good challenge, and yet give me some sort of activity to help me relax, strengthen my testimony, overcome some down days, and help my overall attitude. In January I chose to read "No Doubt About It" by Sheri Dew and I loved every minute of it. She had some WONDERFUL insights that were super helpful to me. It really made me contemplate how dedicated I really am to the gospel, and helped me rededicate myself.

This next month I have decided to read "Lighten Up!" by Chieko N. Okazaki. I sure hope I like it! If any of you have any suggestions or reading material PLEASE send it my way. Like I said before I DONT READ, so I have no idea whats out there! Please share!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great idea! I LOVE reading. It's my escape! I love, love, love it. I have to admit though, I read novels rather than church books. Are you interested in suggestions for those? Read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. She is LDS, but her books are about vampires. I know, weird, right? They are SO GOOD!