April 2, 2008
Ear Infections
I am completely frustrated. Yesterday we had a follow up appointment at the Dr to check on Maddy's ears. He STILL has ear infections. This is bad news! This is his 3rd ear infection in 3 months. Talking to the Dr she said that he's halfway to getting tubes put in his ears. I guess if you get 6 ear infections in a rolling 12 months its time to see an ear/nose/throat specialist to move forward on that. 3 ear infections in 3 months is NOT good odds. She had to put him on an even stronger medication, which will hopefully clear up the infection, but has a tendancy to make children sick. AWESOME! Just what I need. I guess I shouldn't just think of myself and how completely inconvenient this is for me. Its just that I have SO much going on I'm feeling like adding one more thing to my plate is going to push me over. And yet, all I can think about is how bad I feel for Maddy. He has been hurting now for 3 months and his ears still aren't better. I just hope this ear infection clears up quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh poor baby. He needs some lovin for auntie Cody. :)
oh girl, too bad for you and for your boy! We are all experiencing sick kids!
you know...my husband had constant ear infections as a baby and finally had tubes put in his ears at the age of 13...it should have been done way earlier than that!
Good luck!
Ear infections are the worst. Boston had three within the first five months, the winters here are not fun. Finally, the third ear infection they put him on a stronger medication and he hasn't had on since the end of December. I think his other infections didn't totally clear up on lighter medicine that they gave him. There is hope! Also, I have heard really good things about tubes.
Anyway...Hang in there and I hope Maddox feels better soon
Post a Comment