March 30, 2008

Old and Busted


I write this only because I love my dad so much and I think he is hilarious. He never ceases to amaze me. My parents have been called to the young single adult ward in our stake. They have been serving there for the last 1 1/2 years and they love it. My dad really enjoys being with "the kids". He goes to all the activities and usually participates in whatever game/activity is going on. Last night was no exception. He went to the ward BBQ at the park. A couple hours after he left I tried calling him but he didn't pick up. Thats REALLY not like my dad. 5 minutes later my mom calls from work (how ironic that she works at a hospital) asking what happened to dad. He had sent her a text message saying he was at the hospital in the ER with a busted lip. Now, my mom didnt know my dad had gone to the BBQ and for some reason the first thought that came to my mom's mind is "oh no, he has been in a fight". As if my father, a 48 year old 5'19" man is going to be somewhere that a fight would randomly break out and he would be injured. I assured her that he had just been at the BBQ, but that I had no idea he was in ER. After text messaging back and forth for the next hour, my dad relayed the story that he played football with the guys (he still thinks hes 21 and can keep up) and some kid slid underneath him, which resulted in my dad landing on his head. My dads front teeth went through his lip, and he was now in need of stitches. Turns out his teeth actually WENT THROUGH his lip, so he had to have stitches inside and out of his mouth. He is pretty tore up. I think he needs another reminder that he 50th birthday is right around the corner, and it might be a good idea to let the boys be boys. He's gettin kinda old, and we don't need him in ER with anymore busted lips!

No comments: