Girls Camp was AMAZING! I had the opportunity to go as part of the Adult Staff. More specifically, on the activities committee. I worked with amazing women and I was truly blessed for having the opportunity to go and serve the girls in our stake. The highlight for me was for sure the Flour War. Amber McNeil and I had the assignment of creating an all camp activity and so we stole the idea from Camp Helamen. The girls all had an amazing time throwing "bombs" (peds filled with baking flour) at one another. It was awesome to see it all come together. Especially when President Clason brought the girls all in together and talked about how it parallels the war that each of us are in today. The more prepared we are, the better our chances are of winning the war of temptation and evil. It was awesome!
I had such a fun time in the adult cabin too. It was kinda weird for me at first though. Im only 25, and most of the women I worked with had been going to camp as a leader since I was a YW. It was hard for me at first to transition from camper to leader. The women I worked with were amazing though. I couldnt believe how wild and crazy (let me just mention impromptu dance parties in the 4th years cabin at midnight) a bunch of women could be. It was SO fun!
Here is the only picture I took of the whole week with me in it. Its of my all camp activity committee, taken right after the war. 
What a grea time! I sure hope I get to go next year! It was by far the highlight of my year!
No comments:
Post a Comment