August 2, 2009

It's a good thing I love him

Michael did something yesterday I never DREAMED he would do. He has always been one to march to the beat of his own drum, but yesterday he was in a whole other band.
I'm not sure WHAT he was thinking.
I asked Mike if he would make breakfast. He asked if eggs and toast were ok. I told him no thanks on the eggs. Maddy and I have been eating toast with butter and a little layer of peanut butter on top this week and it sounded SO good. MMMmmm yummy! He went into the kitchen, and my phone rang so while I was on the phone Mike calls from the kitchen asking if I want jelly. "uh... no thanks! just the butter and then some peanut butter!" a few minutes later he brings me two pieces of bread stuck together with butter and peanut butter. It was cold to the touch and obviously not toasted. I asked him why he didnt toast it and he said I never told him I wanted it toasted. Ok obviously he wasnt totally there at our conversation but thats ok. I asked him if he could toast it for me. A few minutes later he returns with toast with butter and peanut butter... ah... HEAVEN! A minute after that I start smelling smoke. When I go into the kitchen I see the toaster smoking. I run over and tell him he's burning his toast to which he replies "There's no bread in there, im burning off the peanut butter." "WHAT?!? the peanut butter????" He went on to tell me that instead of starting over he just pulled my peices of bread apart and stuck it all back in the toaster, peanut butter and all! So obviously peanut butter had gotten on the coils of the toaster and he had to burn it off. So needless to say our toaster is broken now. He said he didnt want to waste the bread so he thought itwas a good idea. Seriously, its a good thing I love him because that was just insane!

3 comments:

Brittany Shae said...

Derrick and I are LAUGHING at mike right now!!

The Haynies said...

Ah husbands! We love them so.

jordan and kat said...

ok.... i am seriously laughing out loud at that!!!!!