January 28, 2008

"He's Beefy!"


This weekend we babysat/housesat for some family friends. Carrie and Steve, the parents, wanted a little getaway, so we were asked to come hand out with the kids for a couple of days. We LOVE the kids! They are so much fun! All we do all weekend is play! Mattie (11), Remi (9...almost 10!), Race (6) and Juicy(5) are the cutest kids ever! Saturday we went to the park and to McDonalds for Happy Meals followed by a movie night! Sunday we hung out around the house and played Wii, then went to church. Followed by another movie night! This morning we woke up, and since it was raining cats and dogs, we played Wii again! They have a game (like I really know what it's called), where you can make people. I think it's called "Mii". Anyways, you can pick the face shape, and clothes and hair and eyes and mouth and facial expressions and even the shape of the face... how tall they are and even if they are skinny or heavy! It's amazing! The kids decided they wanted to make a "Maddox Mii". We started with the basics. Hair color, eyes, mouth. The next options had to do with the shape of the face and how big you wanted the body. They made Maddox a little on the heavy side! I asked the kids, "Did you make Maddox chubby on purpose? Do you think he is fat?" Thier response... "No, he's not fat. He's BEEFY!" I about died laughing! I guess it is true. He already weighs more than his best friend, who is about 2 months older than him. Haha!



In other news, I was called yesterday to serve at Girls Camp! Yay! I generally don't enjoy camping, but for some reason I LOVE Girls Camp! (maybe it's the yummy food!) I was called to be Activities Assistant. I am so excited!



Also... President Hinkley died yesterday. When Mike and I recieved the text message (yes, that really is how we found out. Kinda crazy that we live in a world where we can recieve information instantly without talking to a soul!) we were SO sad. We could not believe it. We just sat there in awe. He had to have been one of the most absolutely loved and adored prophets. We are going to miss him incredibly.

No comments: