January 14, 2008

Will I Ever Get To Sleep Again?!?

This weekend was totally and completely insane. It happened to be a high school formal weekend, which means I'm booked back to back for about 3 days (not even enough time for a potty break!) doing nails. It's great money, but the days are long and hectic! On top of that, Maddox has been sick, and teething, and had to go to the Dr on Friday. Dr said to give him Benedryl so he would sleep through the night, and I could get a good night's rest. YA RIGHT! Im pretty sure the medication had the opposite affect on Maddox, because for three nights straight he has been up ALL NIGHT! On top of that, Sunday morning Maddox had a little coughing spell, which made him gag he was coughing so hard and threw up all over, and I mean ALL OVER me, him and the comforter! EW!!! Vienna sausage, formula and fruit cup chunks EVERYWHERE! (don't you love the details!) I have never seen anything like it. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say its Monday afternoon, and I am still beyond exhausted. I sure hope he gets better soon, I'm not sure how much longer I can go without at least a little sleep... Oh the joys of being a mother!

2 comments:

Kacey said...

Actually we have the same problem with Benadryl. We have tried it with Brycen on several occasions (because everyone told me it would make him pass out). But instead the very opposite happened and he was bouncing off the walls with way too much energy. I don't think that stuff works...
Hope he gets better soon!

Chris and Cortney Walker said...

So have we!!! Duncan reacted the same way! Stupid Benadryl! I love the blog check ours out cacjwalker.blogspot.com