No, not for me. We have quite some time before we even begin to think about having another. For some reason, however, I have had babies on the brain. I have several friends who are trying desperately to have a baby, and are so far unable. This makes me so sad for them. These couples are great people. People who love the Lord, love eachother, and do what's right. They want so desperately to have children, and for whatever reason are unable. They would make the absolute best parents anyone could ask for, and yet still no baby. On the other hand I have friends who are currently pregnant and thier situation still makes me sad. Most of these people are wonderful, very nice people. However, thier priorities aren't geared towards parenthood, and thier relationships with thier husbands/boyfriends/fiances are rocky. They have no spiritual guidance whatsoever. I even had one friend for months tell me so hopes she never gets pregnant again, and how it would be the worst thing ever. The next month she tells me she is pregnant with twins! AHH! And to the extreme, my mother comes home from work everyday (she works at the Children's hospital) and tells stories of countless children who have been abused. Horrible, horrific things happening to these children, often times infants. Sometimes the parents don't even come to visit thier own children in the hospital. It makes my heart ache so much. I don't understand how these precious spirits that our Heavenly Father sends to us ends up in abusive homes, and yet those who are righteous bear none. It's obvious that I don't understand all that is in store for us, but it's also hard for me to understand how some are undeservingly blessed, and those who are worthy beyond compare are not. My heart also aches for these precious little babies put into these abusive homes. Certainly our Heavenly Father knows the situation he is sending these precious ones into. Certainly he has to know that they will not recieve the love and attention these little ones need and deserve. He knows that they can't defend themselves when a parent is abusing them. Why would he make such a precious baby endure such pain? My heart just aches.
My prayer is certainly for understanding. It's comforting to know what there are good families who love their children and raise them in righteousness. My thought and prayers are with those who cannot bear children, and to those children who deserve to be in a better home. I know that all is in Gods hands, and I guess for now, I just need to trust in that....
2 comments:
I echo your words completely! It's so hard to watch people that would make incredible parents not be able to have the wish of their hearts! The Lord is certainly in charge. I miss you.
Thank you for posting this. For all of us out there that want desperately to be parents but for some reason cannot conceive. Love you friend!
Post a Comment