March 30, 2008
Easter
Unfortunately this Easter didn't go quite as I had hoped. It was Maddy's first Easter so I was looking for tons of photo ops and lots of smiles. I ended up, however, sleeping the day away. Because the night before I had been in urgent care I didnt have an opportunity to put his basket together. I had been on prescription antihistimines that knocked me out cold so I didnt wake up until close to 11. I threw the basket together and just handed it to him. He liked it alright I suppose. He enjoyed carrying the basket around anyways. The novelty of that ran out about 5 minutes later, which was about the time I went back to bed.
I asked Mike to wake me up at 1130 so we could start getting ready for church, but of course he fell asleep too and we didnt wake up until 1220. Church starts at 1 so for the next 40 minutes it was absolute hysteria in the house. I didnt realize until about 1245 that the shirt Maddox was suppose to wear was dirty. I hand washed it real quick, but when it came time to leave for church is was still a mess.... oh well. Throw a vest over it was the solution. We didnt make it out of the house until close to 120. About a block away from the building I started feeling faint and hot. I couldn't tell if I was trying to pass out, or if my body was forcing itself to sleep since I was on such strong medication. All I know is something was not right. Mike turned around and took me home. I was totally bummed that I didnt even make it to church on Easter! How lame is that! Mike got to church with Maddox right on time to teach his primary lesson and then he came straight home. I woke up from a nap right in time to eat a little dinner and then go back to bed for the night. Thankfully Mike is the best husband EVER and completely took over Maddox, checked on me constantly and fulfilled my every need. He was wonderful. So needless to say there was no cute pictures taken of Maddox in his Sunday best. No Easter egg hunt. Nothing. What a bummer of a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment