
Well, I turned 25 today. Seems like it took FOREVER to get to this point. I officially feel old. Yesterday I didnt feel old, but for some reason saying I'm 25 just gives me shivers. Since Friday it's been one big party for me. On my way home Mike called and asked when I was going to be home. It was odd for him to be calling because I wasnt expecting him home for another 20 minutes, but it seemed like he was already there. There was a tone in his voice that made me nervous. Had he done something he knew I wasnt going to be happy about? Had he shaved his head AGAIN!? (i didnt speak to him for 3 hours after the first time). Or did he do something he knew would make me smile? Fold a load of laundry perhaps? I just couldnt tell. I walk through the door, and Mike is sitting on the couch with this box in his hands.

I started to laugh. He said it was my birthday present. He also told me I had to wait until Monday to open it, but of course I knew he would give in within the hour. Like I suspected, 20 minutes later I was ripping it open. To my suprise, it was a new camera! And not just any camera. a Nikon Coolpix 10 megapixel 2.5'lcd screen blah blah blah. Its AMAZING!!!! I have been complaining about my other camera for SOOO long! I couldnt believe he got me a new one! Its perfect! I think I might be in love with it even. The rest of the night only got better. It started with Girls Night Out. Sakura Chaya and a movie (you HAVE to go see 'what happens in Vegas'... you will laugh 'til you pee your pants. trust me) What a great group of girls to spend the evening with. We laughed SO hard all night. Mostly about boobs, and cellulite, and other things girls talk about when we get together. It was amazing.

Saturday night was spent with family. Mike cooked his first tri-tip (well, his first 3 tri-tips) and it was TASTY!

Cash and babysitting coupons seemed to be the gift of choice this year. Both the PERFECT gifts! (much needed and appreciated!!) Of course the night was topped off with Costco Cake! For most, this would be no big deal. However, I am a fat chick, and enjoy Costco Cake SOOOO much! It even had a princess on it. 2 days later, I'm still working on finishing it.

Yesterday was Sunday so of course it was restful and relaxing and everything a Sunday should be. But Today was by far the best of the birthday weekend extravaganza! To be honest I didnt think it was going to be too great by the way things started. At about 12:30am I heard a loud thud from my parents room, followed by my mom yelling "Ed! Are you ok!?" This of course woke me right up, and rushed into my parents room. I found my dad on the floor, face down with my mom kneeling next to him. She had a towel pressed on the back of his head, and blood was streaming down his neck. It scared me to death and of course I woke my husband up for help. When we all finally calmed down and had the bleeding under control we asked my dad what happened. He said that he had a bad dream and was fighting off the guy who had a knife to his neck. He threw his arm toward the guy to get him off and ended up rolling off the bed, hitting his head on his night stand. He must of gashed his head in the fall. Of course we all started laughing SOOO hard! We couldnt help it. All of this commotion over a silly dream! Since he hit his head the bleeding was hard to get to stop completely. Instead of getting a bandaid to put over the wound, my dad had another idea. Doesnt it look ridiculous!?

Even though we had a little mishap EARLY in the day, this morning I had an amazing facial. Afterwards my parents took Mike and I to sushi for lunch. I stuffed my face with the most delicious dishes. YUM! The afternoon was filled with shopping (I needed a new pair of sun glasses) and even a stop at Starbucks for a treat. Tonight my wonderful inlaws watched Maddox while Mike and I had a quiet evening at Tahoe Joes, where he popped three buttons from his shirt when he sat down. Apparently his shirt got cought on the corner of the table and ripped his shirt wide open. 2 of his buttons literally flew to another table. We laughed about that all through dinner. Afterwards we saw a movie. Ya, we saw 'what happens in Vegas'. I'm telling you, the movie is hilarious! What a perfect birthday!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ashley! Amen to the Costco cake... amen sista'! Looks like you had a good time.
Happy brithday! You are getting very old! HAHA! Too bad I will be 26 in a few months. Glad you had a wonderful weekend.
Sounds like you had an adventurous birthday! Your husband wraps presents just like mine does. It must be a guy thing lol. I'm glad you had a good time!
haha you old woman! i can't really talk much because i'll be 26 in december (as if 25 wasn't old enough!) happy birthday ashley! we so need to get together next time i'm in town
Post a Comment